Wednesday, January 18, 2023

How long, Lord?

I have learned to wait on the Lord and not rush into making a rash decision as to my future. Just two months before I ended my pastorate in KK, a Seminary offered the position of research fellow with generous emolument teaching only an online course per Semester and supervising two or three students. That's sounds easy enough and the remuneration is at par with my full time salary but I turned it down on the basis that I wanted to be there for my congregation full-time literally, ready to visit and minister at the height of the pandemic. Only God knows our hearts and our labours for Him and He will repay them handsomely.

As I wait on the Lord now I have accepted invitations to preach until March and even for Good Friday I am rather reluctant to tie myself until early April lest by then, I am prompted to make a move. New Zealand is an easy choice due to familiarity of place and my son being stationed in Auckland I can board with him in his studio unit for a month or two. Even that I rather not disturb my son but he is happy to have his dad around. When he was at Otago Boys' High and I visited for 3 months he came and stayed with me for the whole weekend from Friday to Sunday before he went back to his Hostel after Sunday church service and lunch. How long, Lord? 

No comments:

Post a Comment