Sunday, January 29, 2023

Common People Heard Him Gladly

This is one verse in the gospels that kept my foot on the ground. People and ordinary people heard Jesus gladly while religious leaders gnashed their teeth. It is so important to know that God loves the masses, the mass of humanity, and the common people heard Jesus gladly. Today I went back to my former church for Sunday service for the first time since 1st May, the Sunday when all SOPs were relaxed. I also attended their Christmas dinner in early December, but that was not a Sunday service like today.

A few members and leaders came to greet me when they saw me walked into the church hall at 8.45am. I was already at the church compound by 8am and went for a drink. A family sat next to me on my left and on my right a church elder. This family is from the Orang Asli community and they are returning to West Malaysia next June. The mother greeted me after the service and asked where I was serving. The answer is still “nowhere” but I was touched by her genuine concern. They are just ordinary folks but they cared for their former pastor. I spoke to the son who is now Form Four whom I taught in the young teenage class three years ago. Time has passed and I was invited to pray for five candidates sitting for their O Level and A level exams starting tomorrow. A few more members came to speak with me. As I entered the hall before the service one deacon told me that he followed my sermons whenever uploaded to my youtube channel. He said he still listened to my old sermons from the church’s channel. I was encouraged and he told me that one year ago when he was elected deacon he spoke up for me in his first meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment