Thursday, April 20, 2023

Behold the New has Come

For the first time in three years I visited the library of the Seminary which will be my base of ministry for the foreseeable future. I chanced upon the chief librarian and she greeted me and told me that I was coming back. She is one of the most senior staff at the Seminary and I knew her since the mid-1990s. I was happy to see a few old faces in the library and I talked with another librarian and she said that she wanted to take one of my courses for her Master of Ministry course but her work schedule was just too tight. I still do not have the time-table or the actual dates of the forthcoming Semester. Just as I left I met the Principal briefly on his way to the Chapel and he forthwith invited me to the Seminary's 35th Thanksgiving Service early next month.

I replied in the affirmative as I am only going for a holiday in mid-May for two weeks. I told my friend over lunch that everything is in God's hands and after my experience of the past 9 years, I trust there would be some "certainty" over what I am going to do in the near term. One can't plan too far ahead but at least I shall be based in the city of Kota Kinabalu which I felt that I should be and not be based outside of the Capital City. I had done my time over 4 years in Ranau and travelling at least 200 times back and forth Ranau and KK where my home is located. Although the Seminary is not new to me as I know most of the senior staff well over more than two decades, yet this phase of ministry is certainly new. It's a Seminary that has most of the resources and facilities to develop even more in the future. In the library I met another former colleague of mine, a pastor whom I knew in Ranau. He is now pursuing his doctoral study and has joined another denomination some years back. I pray there will be more students like him especially in the area of biblical studies. I look forward to the Thanksgiving service and perhaps connect with my soon-to-be colleagues and behold the new has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment