Friday, April 28, 2023

Bible Conferences

It's been 7 years since I attended my last Bible Conference in Seoul, South Korea. I do hope to attend one soon if not in 2024, then in 2025. There are a few Conferences that I would love to go next year at Amsterdam organized by Society of Biblica Literature of which I am a member for close to 20 years. Society of New Testament Study plans to hold its 2024 congress in Melbourne which is tempting due to the shorter flight time from Sabah, Malaysia. I attended the SNTS's Congress in Perth 10 years ago at which point in time I was already planning to return to Sabah after serving a time in Singapore.

The International Organization for the Study of the Old Testament (IOSOT) holds its triennal conference in 2025 in Berlin while SBL meeting will be held in Sweden about the same time. Perhaps two Conferences within a fortnight will be ideal as I doubt I will attend Conference regularly. Three of my papers uploaded on academia.edu are inspired by Conference attendance. If I plan to attend a Conference, I put considerable efffort in writing an academic paper, something original for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment