Monday, October 15, 2018

Resting & Readiness

I read of Singapore Airlines’ relaunch of the 19 hour flight from Singapore to New York. Pilots get four days’ rest while cabin crew have 3 days before resuming their duties. I have had a hectic 72 hours ministry which involved driving, preaching, lecturing, praying and counselling church members and general fellowship. I sleep in budget hotels and not 5 star. I usually travel alone and eat out in hawkers stalls and fast food chains. Now I have a few days’ rest before my next trip to the East, 4 hours’ drive from KK. I will make a stop overnight at College before resuming my journey next Friday. I have with me stacks of essays, two sets from my Romans class, one each from my Revelation and Constitution classes. It will take at least two weeks to get them done but I will get started tomorrow.
In the meantime I pray and wait on the Lord for a series of 4 messages over the weekend from Friday to Sunday with a fifth session given to Q & A. From the East I will travel West stopping over at College for a couple of days before returning to KK. The final weekend of October is given to hosting a farewell dinner for my home group members who have been with me for a whole year and it will be sad to say goodbye all round. If all goes well I will preach my final sermon as lecturer on the last Sunday of October, having started preaching there since teaching part time in 2015. If I return to preach at College next year it will not be as a lecturer and God knows what He has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment